Saturday, October 3, 2009

Craft Collective

Look what Melanie made!
Eagle Bead Project

Melanie is a member of our Chicagoland Craft Collective. Our group started through Meetup, but we are in the process of switching to a free host site. I'm thinking maybe ning, but possibly google groups might be better. I don't know. We've started meeting at a nice new venue: Craft Fancy in Arlington Heights. This great store has vastly improved lighting and electrical outlets!

Great work Melanie!
Melanie and her Patriotic Beading

We made these quick butterflies at our last meeting:

Felt Butterflies

Martha showed us all up by making this one with buttons:

Martha's Button Butterfly

And while we are on the subject of Chicagoland, I'm sad we won't be getting the Olympics here. My husband is relieved because of all the traffic/transit woes we already have, and that little problem of corruption in our fair city. I think we would make a terrific showplace for the world, but so will Rio. My area of Chicagoland would have had the equestrian events. Alas, it was not meant to be. We have friends and family from Brazil and are happy for them!

No comments: