Thursday, August 20, 2009

Craft Social

Felt Flower

Last Friday I went to Craft Social in Chicago. (Actually, it was in Evanston, but nevermind...) There were many crafts to choose from including Embellished Dinner Napkins, Advanced Paper Airplanes, Fabric Coil Bowls, Paper Greeting Cards, and many more. The cost was only $5 and it was really fun!

Felt Flower Bouquet

Since I haven't been stitching, I chose a craft that was familiar to me: Felt and Button Flowers. These are really funky and our teacher had a box of lovely vintage glittery things to use as embellishments.

Stitching

We noted that the felt was sort of floppy and flimsey, so I stitched together two layers for stability.

Felt Flower Side view

I don't like to make a big thing about men crafting because I think that men are just as creative as women, but here is a man spotted next to me learning to stitch. His creation has a superhero medallion look to it.

Stitching

The stitcher next to me used velvet ribbon as one of her layers. It looked very sophisticated, but I didn't get a picture!

Funky Felt Flowers


It was fun! I hope they have another Craft Social really soon! I could teach embroidered felt mascots!

Felt Flowers

8 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun! I love your flowers!

dabooklady said...

I love felt flowers and want to start making them...what pretty ones these are...love your blog. :) been wanting to visit the Biltmore House for some time now..

Our Hands For Hope said...

The flowers are great and what is REALLY funny is the gals "tush" in the background! Hah, that is something that would have happened to me!

IamSusie said...

Shhh.. I tried to crop out her backside, but it didn't work. It is the perfect heart shape so she should not be embarrassed!

monica said...

oh how fun!!

c a b b i e n a said...

i love ur funky flowers...
nice colors...

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are really cool! :)

donna said...

So sad I didn't know about this in time. I would like our CCC to do something like this.