Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Craftster Best of 2008





WooHoo! Craftster put up their Best of 2008 list and my colorful dyed lace made the best of list for Fiber Arts: Dyeing. I blogged the lace project HERE and shared it on Craftster HERE. I used this lace in a bunting for my daughter's birthday.

Dyed Lace

The Craftster list is a combination of most views and judgment of awesomeness by the moderators so I feel quite honored.

I'm on the list twice! Our Tea Towel Tour Round 3 was the most popular swap of 2008! Rectangel organizes the Tea Towel Tours and she is a huge part of why it is successful. It is not easy to keep everyone on track in a swap like that. My role is a co-organizer and group leader. That's my hapless Owl in the thumbnail pic they used. I stitched this for Fruitloops.

Owl Embroidery for Fruitloops

Speaking of stuff like this. I can hardly believe that I have contributed 258 photos of embroidery to the Flickr Embroidery Group. That makes me #3 of the top 5 contributors there (out of 2,826 members). Most of the embroidery is my own although I also share vintage work done by the women in my family and embroidery done for me in the swaps I've participated in. If you look at my submissions, you'll see that I embroider a lot of small felt applique.

5 comments:

SewAmy said...

so cool, congratulations. Love your owl.

IamSusie said...

Thanks Amy! I love that owl too, but those little leaves took forever to stitch!

Andi said...

Congratulations. Love the bunting.
Andi :-)

Rebel said...

Congratulations! You are a crafty one. =)

(and I still love that owl!)

Regina Moore said...

Woo-Hoo! This is so cool!!! Congratulations!
Regina