Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Doggie hair clips

Doggie Barette

Someone suggested that I should make a doggie version of my hairclips so this is the result. They are pretty cute! I adapted a design from one of my Japanese felt craft books. The felt disc is about 2 inches across and the snap hairclip is sewn inside.

Doggie barrette

I've stitched up about 50 disc hairclips like this in various colors and styles. The thing that often happens when I show them to people is they say, "Oh you should make these into pins!" Or if I have a pin design, I hear, "This would be a great girl's barrette!"

This is so nice to hear, so I really have to think of a quick way to make these into either thing based on the preference of my customer.

That stack of 50 took me days and days to make, so I doubt I'll be able to get a similar stack of pins done for the craft show I'm doing at the end of next week. In fact I'm getting pretty nervous about that craft show. I've made a nice stack of these clips and I have a good pile of cute embroidered fabric pouches. I plan to crochet up some wool flowers over the weekend too. My offerings are so small! I hope I have a good enough selection of stuff.

I wanted to sew up some luggage tags and maybe some tissue paper holders too, but someone else in the show is a good sewer and I don't want to step on her game.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Those are just the cutest things ever!!!! I am sure you will have plenty for your show.

Tacha said...

Those clips are gorgeous! I hope the show goes well.

Rebekah said...

I hope your show goes well and you sell out.