Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Awarded and Tagged

Reading Carina just now(from whom I stole the title of this post), I remember that I also was awarded by Martha and now I've been tagged.
Here are the award rules:
(1) The winner can put the logo on their blog.
(2) Link the person you received your award from.
(3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
(4) Put links of those on yours.
(5) Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.

Thanks Martha! I like your blog too. She just redecorated her house in some lovely greens. I promise I didn't copy you, Martha, but I changed out my brick red curtains a couple weeks ago for some new leafy green ones from Ikea.

Other blogs I like are Mom-O-Matic - She could only stay away from blogging for about 2 weeks and is thankfully back to keep us updated about the ups and downs of her family life.

Rebel's Work In Progress- She knits, but most notably, she abruptly quit her job to take up language studies in Thailand and is sharing her adventures.

Lily's Block-a-Day- I think she really does quilt a block a day. So inspiring!

Syko- Colorful charming whimsies from Finland

Welcome to Girl Land
- Vintage adorables from my old stomping grounds in Metro Detroit

Feeling Stitchy
- All the coolest embroideries are featured here.

Crazy Mom Quilts - Inspiration from another fabric junkie like me!



And then Carina tagged me (Carina, I love your blog too!)

The rules are: Post rules at the beginning of the post. Answer all of the questions, tag 6 people, go to their blog and leave them a comment to inform them that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for rules. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answers.

1) What were you doing 10 years ago?
2) What are the 5 things on your to do list today?
3) Snacks you enjoy
4) Places you have lived
5) What are 5 things you would do if you were a Billionaire?
6) People you want to know more about


1) 10 years ago, I was caring for my 18 month old baby boy and living on a very tight budget working my way very slowly through graduate school in Michigan.

2) I just got over a migraine, so my to do list has already gone to hell.... I would have gotten something homemade cooked for supper, folded the rest of the laundry, finished sewing up the cut off bottoms of those Ikea curtains into tote bags and pillows, purchased some underwear that fits for my daughter, and retrieved my watch from the inside of our tent which is already compacted into it's nylon bag. I'll do that stuff tomorrow or maybe this evening..

3) I enjoy hummus, chocolate brownies, crackers and cheese, Japanese rice snacks, and cookies of all kinds

4) I have lived in Arlington Heights, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Winnetka, Illinois; Bloomington, Indiana; San Antonio, Texas; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Commerce Township, Michigan (this area is known as Metro Detroit and is quite distinct from actual Detroit); Grayslake Illinois, (which we sometimes refer to as "Almost Wisconsin"). I actually despise moving more than pretty much anything else, but you would never know it from all the times we've moved... (edit: Yipes What a dull list! We love the midwest!)

5)Honestly, I'm not sure I want the responsibility of being a billionaire. We are pretty happy already... I don't want my life to be about managing money so I think I wouldn't want people to really know that I was extremely wealthy. First we'd get hubby the new hearing aids he needs. For sure we'd finally take that dream trip to Alaska. We'd probably get a home in this same community that would have an office for my husband, a craft room for me, and a nice extra bedroom for visiting friends and family. I do not want to live in a giant house! And then there are all the charities we'd give to, and the tithe to the Presbyterian Church. We'd probably go a little bit wild with some extravagance, but wealth wouldn't make us suddenly not like camping or anything like that.


I tag anyone who is looking for blog inspiration!

No comments: