Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mountain Fabrics

My mom and I found a quilting and fabric shop way up in Estes Park, Colorado. I don't buy souvenirs on trips (save books and field guides) but this shop had a lot of Free Spirit and Westminster fabrics we couldn't resist. Mom got a couple of gorgeous floral Anna Maria Horner Garden Party fat quarters that she has no plans for since she doesn't even sew.

Here's what I purchased. Four of these were on the 1/2 price shelf! I got the bright blue one (by Jennifer Paganelli) to round out the group. These are all one yard cuts and I have a booklet of quilts to make with all one yard cuts so hopefully I'll get this in a quilt all together....New Fabrics

My stash is getting larger! I still find that I don't have all the right things for some projects... Why is that? I am much better at purchasing good patterns and prints and staying away from hard to use novelty fabrics.

Looking through blogs this morning, I saw that Lily got a Viking Mega Quilter. I'm kinda jealous. The sewing lady demonstrated this for me at the quilt shop the other day. It has a very long arm to make the quilting step easier. At the time I determined that this was not for me, but now, I dunno...

5 comments:

Nan and B.A.G.S. the pug said...

PRETTYYYYYYY

Lily Boot said...

hee-hee-hee ... must confess to having a bit of a weakness of novelty prints - now have three varieties of cowgirls in the drawer, along with broomsticks, halloween owls, pumpkins ... you get the picture! p.s. sorry I've confounded you! ;-)

donna said...

I'm sure that stash will just continue to grow. The seem to get a life of their own after awhile.

Rebel said...

Ooooh those fabrics are so pretty, I especially like the blue one on the end.... such a vibrant color!

~Niki~ said...

Beautiful fabrics! great find.