Thursday, April 10, 2008

Foods Package

My felt foods package arrived from across the ocean! Thanks Kiiss!
I love love love miniature felt craft, so this little package is just perfect. She even sent each thing in it's own plastic case!
Felt Food package

Felt Dessert
Mmmm... rick-rack chocolate drizzle and felt whipped cream dollop!

Felt Food Sushi
Can you see the tiny perfection of this sushi? This package is really for my daughter to set up her tea parties and she really loves sushi so she is excited about this!

Crochet Cookie
Finally a little crochet chocolate sandwich cookie. So cute!

This was for a swap on Craftster. Are there crafty people out there that don't know about Craftster? It is the nicest, easiest to use forum. I'm still waiting for my Ravelry invite, so I don't know about them. Etsy forums are wildly erratic and too often devolve into crazy ranting for my taste.

Moderators at Craftster keep things friendly, encouraging and focused on crafting. It's divided up into boards according to the craft medium. I'm not so into clothing and papercraft, so I don't really pay attention to those boards, but quilting, crochet, and embroidery are my thing. Projects run the entire range of traditional to offbeat and contemporary, beginner to skillful and artistic. People are mostly open about sharing links to patterns and techniques. I like the swapping over there because they have very good guidelines and deadlines. When you swap it's like getting into a craftalong with other people who are working on the same thing and that makes it even more fun.

Flickr is another of my favorite communities. I find the group chatting to be more difficult, but there is no better place to indulge in glorious photographs.

That's all for now! I have my last tea-towel to stitch today! She's getting a cute gnome pattern that is a freebie from BadBird.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jusat so curious.....what are the flet foods used for after they are made? For displays?

IamSusie said...

Anonymous- they really are just for silly fun. Maybe for display, or just a laugh. I have a daughter who will play with hers.

Sonya said...

Wow those are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!!

HollyLynne said...

so awesome!!! I love food, and I love crafting . . .crafty food is pretty much the best thing ever as far as i'm concerned :D

Sarah said...

Those are adorable!
I just made a cake-ette for my daughter- now obsessed with felt food...

Rebel said...

When I first saw that top picture - I honestly thought it was real food. VERY COOL!