Friday, August 17, 2007

Giraffe Mascot and Tree

Giraffe and tree2
This is the Giraffe mascot and little tree I made for Christina in our swap on Craftster. The giraffe is from this book, ISBN 4834755894: isbn4834755894 Felt Mascot book

The giraffe is a pattern, but I worked out the tree myself.
Felt tree
I have this hammer punch made by Sizzix (but discontinued) to cut out the little leaves. I wanted to use those heavy plastic beads that you use to weigh down stuffies, but I don't have any at home and I really wanted to finish sewing this, so I put a little stack of coins in the bottom and that worked great and the tree can pretty much stand up on it's own.

Check out our swap gallery HERE. People make the cutest things!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen your giraf in the gallery. It's so cute! The tree is also lovely. It's such a nice combination.

Anonymous said...

So you're saying you made a money tree ;) Beautiful work Susie!

rectangel

Lori said...

Your stitches are SO even. I always admire your work.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I'm new to your blog - such lovely things here! I love these felt creations especially. Do you use embroidery floss for the blanket stitch, or regular sewing thread?

P.S. I have no connection whatsoever to Chicago, and I agree 100% on the Blues Brothers being the best musical ever! So that makes it objective fact, right?

IamSusie said...

Thanks folks! I always use embroidery floss, usually 2 threads, for my blanket stitch. I sort of like using a somewhat contrasting thread (like dark green on light green felt), but I don't always do that.

corry said...

Ooh... so cute and so beautiful done!